Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Finished giving a two-day Exchange 200x disaster recovery course. Went well in my opinion. Probably the worst thing was the speed of the machines. Decided to use Virtual PC from Microsoft instead of VMWare, and the virtual machines ran really slowly. I use VMWare on my home machine, but don't have it on my notebook because I only have one license. What pops in my Inbox this morning? A free (yes, free!) license for VMWare Workstation 4 as I'm an MCT. Made my day. Already installed it and running a W3K DC and W3K E3K Server on my notebook as I type. Performance is quite impressive - ADU&C starts in about 10 seconds, ESM in 7, with both machines running. Might change my opinion when I finally get a copy of Virtual Server, but with the network limitation of only 1 network card in Virtual PC, I really need VMWare. Now where is that ISA Server 2004 Beta CD................

Its fasching time here in Sunny South Germany, there was a great street festival in town at the weekend with lots of bands playing purposely off-tune. After a few beers, it gets easier to understand :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?