Friday, October 15, 2004

Marriage (not mine), Linux and other things
First things first, congratulations to two of my best friends, Elaine and Lee, on their marriage - 25th Sept 2004.

Second things second, Linux. Playing around with the Fedora Core 2, which is pretty amazing. Never really payed much attention to Linux before, and now I'm behaving like I did when I got my first ZX Spectrum :-) Late nights, sore back and hours of staring at the screen. Its a cracking system. I LIKE the way it takes ages to get some things working. I feel like I have achieved something when it works. So, I've got the CD Burner working with it, just need to get the NEXUS-S DVB-S card working with Freevo, and I'm there, Jim. I've probably said it before, bug check out http://sourceforge.net they really do have the best amount of freeware, and you can even participate in some of the projects if you want.

Other things other, well done England! 1-0 and 2-0 in the last week. The game on Wednesday was pretty terrible from what I heard. (In Germany, they didn't broadcast it live, so we had to listen to BBC Radio 5 Live via digital sat) but its the points that count. Roll on March for the next round. Nice goal Beckham!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?